Friday, July 16, 2010

Martin Marjiela at Somerset House - London

http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/fashion/maison_martin_margiela_20/default.asp

The merging of two extraordinary things in this world. The fashion designer, that for me, signifies everything that is innovative and timeless in use of fabrics and cuts, with a landmark London building, one of the many that help make London the wonderful place that it is.

It is exhibitions like this (along with my dear, dear second family) that make me miss London terribly. I could have worn my tabi-cut Marjiela sneakers (purchased on ebay for a STEAL), to a place where people actually understood and appreciated them. I cannot remember the amount of times I was the focus of laughs and points by - lets say it - the frustrating general public (and children - who can perhaps be excused). Thus, along with being called 'camel toe' by numerous friends, it is maybe a good thing that I wore them to death, consequently falling victim to the trash upon leaving the UK.

Even if I was the only person who loved these shoes, the exhibition is bound to be something spectacular, and well worth a visit, if you are infact in London. That may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment